This past week, I had the opportunity to chronicle a Dragon rocket launch at Cape Kennedy in Florida and did it with my journal as well as a with my Journalist app on a Surface Pro tablet. I combined them here to share.
Here is a short supply list to get you started with art/travel journaling:
Pick a journal that is easy to take anywhere. Do not get a journal with standard book binding as they wear out.
- Good: Spiral Sketchbook (5″ x 8″) thick paper is best for watercoloring
- Best: The Origninal 5″x7.5″ Journal with watercolor paper from Iona Handcrafted Books
- Sharpie Ultra Fine Point Black Pen
- Pentel Arts Pocket Brush Pen
- Pentel Japan Aquash Waterbrush Water Brush Pen, Medium
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Water Colour Paint Sketchers’ Pocket Box, Set of 12, Half Pans
- Glue Stick
- X=Acto Retractable Blade Knife
What else would you recommend?
Now find an Urban Sketchers group in your area or where you plan to visit and start chronicling your journey.
The Transcoder app will not collect or share your personal information.
Anonymous telemetry is collected to improve performance.