Here is a short supply list to get you started with art/travel journaling:
Pick a journal that is easy to take anywhere. Do not get a journal with standard book binding as they wear out.
- Good: Spiral Sketchbook (5″ x 8″) thick paper is best for watercoloring
- Best: The Origninal 5″x7.5″ Journal with watercolor paper from Iona Handcrafted Books
- Sharpie Ultra Fine Point Black Pen
- Pentel Arts Pocket Brush Pen
- Pentel Japan Aquash Waterbrush Water Brush Pen, Medium
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Water Colour Paint Sketchers’ Pocket Box, Set of 12, Half Pans
- Glue Stick
- X=Acto Retractable Blade Knife
What else would you recommend?
Now find an Urban Sketchers group in your area or where you plan to visit and start chronicling your journey.